Prospective consumersOur target group is the modern consumers, who are educated about what they and their families eat, drink and use on their bodies. Until now, clever marketing was enough to make a product successful. But modern consumers have evolved. They can understand, feel and sense the value of a great and truly beneficial product. And, once they find it, they remain loyal to it. These consumers feel proud of choosing Elainos Products.
QualityElainos extra virgin olive oil comes from virgin oil production only and is of the highest quality. Among other characteristics, it is of less than 0.5% free acidity and is judged to have a superior taste.
MethodProduced according to the old, traditional oil production system in dry-farmed areas in Kalamata Messinia, and tree spacing ranges with trees placed from 25 to 40 feet apart. Harvest of trees grown in our traditional system is very demanding. The trees are always harvested by hand or by beating the fruit off the branches onto nets using long poles.
ProductionElainos extra virgin olive oil Protected Designation of Origin Kalamata PDO, refers to olive oil with “exceptional properties and quality derived from their place of origin, as well as from the way of their production”.
The benefits of Elainos SoapElainos Soap is pure, premium quality soap, made only from natural ingredients, especially from selected extra virgin olive oil. This is why it offers healthiness and a unique feeling of cleanliness. It is beneficial for the skin as it offers natural hydration. It is hypoallergenic and 100% biodegradable. The secret of our recipe is the 3-5% excess of extra virgin olive oil, which is not saponified, and the soap preserves its natural glycerine. This is why our soap is soft. We recommend you to keep it dry after use and it will last longer than other soaps.
Elainos Soap offers its exceptional benefits for every use. Use it for the hands, your body, your face and your hair.
What makes Elainos Soap innovative?Elainos is an innovative soap, because it contains more than 80% of carefully selected, edible, fresh and 100% cold pressed extra virgin olive oil. One of its most important characteristics is that it is produced by following the cold process method (cold saponification). Cold process soap making is one of the oldest methods for creating soap and does not involve boiling the ingredients. Instead, the cold process method achieves saponification by relying on the heat produced from the conversion of the fatty acids in the oil into soap.
For this, our product is not just another “natural” product or just “olive oil” soap. Elainos Soap is unique!
1. Olive oilThe olive oil, well known for its vital contribution to the Mediterranean diet, contains the healthiest fat acids, such as oleic acid. It also contains polyphenols and hydroxytyrosol, which is a perfect antioxidant. Of course, you can find all these only at the cold pressed (28-30oC) extra virgin olive oil. From this olive oil the pure soap is produced, which, in its classic form (without essential oils), has to be white and not green. Green colored soaps contain artificial color or very low quality oils.
2. Sodium HydroxideDuring the saponification process, we use pure pharmaceutical sodium hydroxide, which does not cause any irritation at the human skin.
3. WaterElainos Soap contains distilled water because it does not contain salts.
4. Coconut oilCoconut oil is an excellent massage oil for the skin. It acts as an effective moisturizer on all types of skin, including dry skin. The benefit of coconut oil on the skin is comparable to that of mineral oil. Therefore, it is a safe solution for preventing dryness and flaking of skin. It also delays the appearance of wrinkles and sagging of skin which normally accompany aging. Coconut oil also helps in treating various skin problems, including psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema and other skin infections.
5. Natural essential oilsWe use a variety of natural essentials oils, such as rose, lavender, geranium, orange, rosemary, sandalwood, mint, which are extracted from leaves, stems, flowers, bark, roots, herbs, brushes, shrubs and trees through distillation. They have been used for medicinal and healing purposes for thousands of years. Clinical studies are currently underway in many countries to test the healing properties of various oils, and nowadays many practices are starting to realize the benefits of essential oils.
MaturationOur soap requires some days to mature as the saponification process continues slowly after production. However, we keep Elainos Soap to mature for four months, in order to dry and reach its top quality.
HandmadeElainos Soap is handmade, so it cannot be applied to large scale production. Each production lot is just a few kilograms and remains in one piece during the first phase of maturing, before it is cut by hand. This is why each piece of soap is unique and has imperfections in its cut.
Environmentally friendlyElainos Soap preserves all the substances of the extra virgin olive oil, which are well known from the ancient years for their benefits in nutrition and skin care. It is beneficial for the skin as it offers natural hydration. It is hypoallergenic and 100% biodegradable.
The History of Olive OilThe ancient Greeks believed the olive tree was a gift from the goddess Athena and began using olive oil in their religious rituals. Homer, the immortal Greek poet, called olive oil liquid gold, and the Greek Laws of Solon, during the 7th to 6th centuries BC, prohibited the cutting down of olive trees on the punishment of death.
The History of SoapAccording to the ancient Greek mythology, the soap was named after poetess Sapfo. It was invented in Lesvos island during a sacrifice of animals to honor goddess Artemis.
When the animal fat, along with ashes from the fire, ended in a nearby stream, some women, who were washing clothes there, noticed that the clothes became cleaner. According to the Roman legend, this story happens at Sapo hill near Rome.
This is how our ancestors invented saponification; the process during which oil, sodium hydroxide (ash) and water are mixed to produce glycerine and salt, providing a perfect cleaning agent, the soap. Since then, people experimented with various animal or herbal oils to make soap. However the privileged ones were those who had access to olive trees, the gift of goddess Athena, because the soap produced of olive oil is not just a perfect agent. It is really beneficial for our skin.
NutritionThe Mediterranean diet is a modern nutritional recommendation inspired by the traditional dietary patterns of Greece. The principal aspects of this diet include proportionally high consumption of olive oil, legumes, unrefined cereals, fruits, and vegetables.
Elainos extra virgin olive oil constitutes the basis of this diet.
HealthAppreciation of olive oil not just as food, but for many other reasons, such as promotion of health and beauty, has become ingrained in many cultures.
Olive oil has a long history of being used as a home remedy for skincare. Nowadays, many consumers believe both the ingestion and topical application of olive oil to be beneficial to skin and health.